Friday, June 28, 2013

Five on Friday

I'm linking up with Darci and some other fabulous women this week for Five on Friday!


{One}
Pool time with sweet friends, we went to the pool twice this week once with one of my sweet friends and her precious boy and then again for a birthday party.  L is really starting to love the water again as he was a bit hesitant when we first started going this summer.  I am planning on starting him back in swim lessons so he can really enjoy the water and be a lot safer.  

{Two}
We took L to see his first movie this week!  We went to see Monsters University and I was quite impressed with how well he did.  I learned a few lessons along the way though and as he gets older the experience will only get better.  Had they not had so many stupid previews and crap at the beginning (about 45 minutes worth) he probably would have sat through most of the movie undisturbed.  Looking back I should have had the hubby take L into the lobby until the actual movie was about to start and then bring him in so his attention wasn't wasted on previews and dumb short films.
Captivated by the previews
{Three}
Baby Kicks.  I am loving that I can feel this baby kicking more its such a sweet reminder of the miracle of life and a reassurance that things are going ok.

{Four}
Finally getting our living room together.  Up until now it was a hot mess of random stuff.  We finally ordered a rug and another couch and I am working on the curtains.  Things should be together soon and I'll show some update pics.  I am still searching high and low for a sideboard with storage for the one wall and a few side tables I like.  The issue is I have this vision in my head and have not been able to find what I am looking for.  This is mainly why it is taking so long to get our house furnished and decorated...I'm indecisive 

{Five}
These coconut bars are so good! More like a coconut ice cream bar than a Popsicle.  They have bits of coconut and just taste heavenly! A perfect summer treat for this crazy hot weather we are having!
Fruttare Coconut

No comments:


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved