Saturday, June 8, 2013

Five on Friday...or Saturday

I have been wanting to link up with my sweet blog turned IRL friend Darci and some others since she started this link up and finally this week am getting around to it!  Its such a fun link up idea and a fun way to share 5 things I am loving this week.



ONE...free time
I have arranged my work schedule a little better and have had more long stretches of days off from work and I have loved just spending time with my little guy going to the park, watching movies and just enjoying watching him do new things every day.  I have been trying to think up some fun things to do with him this summer as its our last summer with him as my one and only and I really want to cherish it to the fullest.  Do you have any great ideas of things we can do this summer? We already plan to spend a lot of time at the pool down the street from our house!





TWO...New Orleans Style SnoBalls
I discovered not long ago a little trailer not far from our house that sells New Orleans Style SnoBalls.  Should you not know what this is, your missing out.  They actually shave a block of ice resulting in the most amazing summer treat! The ice is so soft like snow and the flavor doesn't sink to the bottom it stays in the ice...I like to get honeydew mellon and pineapple.  Lil' Mama's snoballs will be getting A LOT of my business this summer!

THREE...My attempted green thumb
I planted some flowers in our front yard a while back that are still alive and I started a potted herb garden thats really doing well! The herb garden is what I am most proud of because i just threw some seeds in a pot and hoped for the best. I planted Basil, Parsley, Mint and Lavender. The basil is growing like crazy and the parsley has really taken off too my mint and lavender are growing but not as crazy as the other two.

FOUR...PIZZA!
We recently started making personal pizzas on Naan bread.  Its so incredibly easy and the possibilities are endless!! The hubby likes to get especially creative with his HAH
FIVE...Books
I just got a huge shipment of books I had ordered from Amazon, most of which were pre orders I had forgot I ordered...oops..nonetheless I need to kick my reading into high gear and get these books read, the hardest part is choosing which to read first!





2 comments:

[darci @ the good life] said...

Hey girl!!! So glad you linked-up! And please, do tell me.... how are our boys getting so dang big?! It's crazy!

That's great that you've reworked your schedule a little to allow for longer stretches at home! Bet that makes a huge difference!

And, I just asked the hubs to make a snocone run (he looked at my like I was crazy and then pointed out that it's 8 p.m. on a Sunday, so no luck - ha)!

We need to try the homemade pizza! That looks SO GOOD! I've wanted to, but don't really know where to start! {because I apparently never thought to simply google it or look it up on Pinterest????????}

Wishing you guys a great week ahead!!! Thanks again for joining this fun little link-up!

Arielle said...

Such a cute blog! new follower:) over from the link up!
http://arielle-ellesentries.blogspot.com


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved