Thursday, March 21, 2013

Headed to Blissdom 2013

I can not believe I am headed to a blog conference TODAY!! Blissdom '13 here I come!! I cant believe I am going. Period. I am rooming with Meredith and I couldn't be more excited about this arrangement.
I had seen people in previous years talk about Blissdom and it looked like so much fun so I thought this year would be the year I would step out of my norm and do something different.  I love this blog and the community of awesome women it has connected me with and I look foreword to learning more about the whole blogging world and how to better myself and this ol' blog!

I have read countless posts on what to pack and how to prepare and yet I still don't feel ready! I feel like I will be super awkward but I am not going to let my insecurities get the best of me.  I am going to go, meet some awesome people old blogging friends who I will finally get to meet in person as well as some cool new friends.  It seems like they have some pretty fun stuff planned as well as some awesome and inspiring speakers lined up, trying to decide which sessions to attend is not going to be easy!

If your stopping by for the first time I thought I would do a little introduction to myself:



Ive been married to the hubby my college sweetheart for 3 years and we dated for 7 years prior to that.  We have a little boy L who is almost 2 and the light of our life, he is so funny and outgoing and is the sweetest boy I know.  I love watching him learn new things every day.


We like to be silly sometimes

I went to college in San Antonio, I started at UTSA, then went to the University of Texas San Antonio Health Science Center for nursing school. I am a nurse and I work night shift so I can be home with L during the day.  It lends to a crazy schedule with little sleep at times but I wouldn't have it any other way! I love my job and think its such a blessing to have found a job thats so rewarding.


I love to run half marathons, go shopping and spend way more money than I should, I love to cook and I try to bake though its a running joke around here when I do try to bake...9 times out of 10 it doesn't turn out well!

an oldie but a goodie...one of my faves :)

I am saved by Christ and wouldn't be where I am today without his grace.
I grew up military and loved the opportunity to travel the world and meet some amazing people.
I love bright colors, classic looks, all things with a monogram and anything sweet.  My sweet tooth is out of control! Thank God for good genes or I may weigh a half ton! 


I strive to keep a clean house, though I'm learning to let go and just be. If I find something I am passionate about or product I love I MUST tell everyone I know! Reading is a hobby I wish I had more time for.

I love him so much I can't stand it!!!

So there you have it a few tidbits about me.  Welcome to the ol' blog Im so happy to have you!!

All Professional photos compliments of Kelliane Barron Photography

7 comments:

Brittnie said...

Have fun and enjoy your little getaway!

LipDom Team said...

I am working hard on the pep talks right now so that my insecurities don't get the best if me! See you soon! :)

Kelli Kegley said...

Have so much fun!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Annie said...

I hope you have a fabulous time! I can't wait to hear all about it. I wish I were there this year, but hopefully next!

LacyLouise said...

Newest follower! Your little one is precious! Looking forward to following along:)

Joanna said...

what a beatiful family! new follower :)

Joanna said...

what a beatiful family! new follower :)


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved