Thursday, February 7, 2013

Grandfatherly Love




This past weekend L had the opportunity to spend some quality time with his PopPop.  I just love seeing these two together.  

I dont know if its because my own father situation was slightly askew but watching  them together just makes me so happy.  Their relationship is so sweet.

I love to see how L can simply be present and lights up his PopPop's whole being.

I love to see how excited L gets when he sees his PopPop. He talks and talks telling him all about something, only time will allow us to know what he is trying to tell him.  He follows him everywhere.

My hopes are that these two will remain inseparable, I know L will only continue to look up to his PopPop.  He will have so much fun going to grandpa's house as he gets older because PopPop knows where all the fun places in San Antonio are for kids as he drives the school bus for field trips.  He also has a deep love of sports that will hopefully tighten their bond as L gets older and involved in sports as well.

God has truly blessed L with such a great guy for his PopPop a man of God with so much wisdom and knowledge.

I had a close relationship with my grandparents as well and I am just so blessed that L has two sets of amazing grandparents involved in his life.

2 comments:

[darci @ the good life] said...

So sweet and such a blessing! I'm the same way --- completely in love with seeing Jackson and my dad (his Pops) interact. He makes my dad smile from ear to ear and you can truly see the happiness in his heart and just overall contentment and joy when he's w/ J. It's an awesome, awesome thing.

Aren't we blessed to get to witness such a thing and for our little men to get to experience such a love and relationship?!

Glad I read this post this morning --- made me smile {and miss my dad like crazy... but that's okay too!!}.

Happy day, girl!

Paige said...

What a sweet photo! There is nothing more precious than a grandparents love!


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved