Friday, January 4, 2013

2013::It's Gonna be a Good Year

I Usually always try to make some kind of goals/resolution of some sort for each new year but I feel like I never write it down so its hard to look back and keep myself accountable.

These are all things I have been working towards for a while but I thought I would put them in writing so I can look back and stay reminded.



1. Deepen my relationship with Christ- I think this is something we should always strive for, I am starting a bible study in a few weeks at a friend in my neighborhoods church and I am really excited about it! One thing I think my church doesn't do well is have a good bible study program and it is something I have been wanting to get involved in for quite some time so when my friend brought up the idea I jumped at the opportunity.  

With that said I want to carve out some time dedicated solely to bible study/prayer/being intentional with my time with the Lord.  So far I have started the She Reads Truth  Fresh Start Study Plan.  I wish I could wake up before L and do this but that is just not feasible in my life so I either do it after he goes to bed or more often, in the morning after L wakes up.  Usually he wakes up and drinks some milk, has breakfast and then is content to entertain himself for a good amount of time and this is when I do my bible time.

2. Run More- simple enough, I dont want to lose weight or be healthier blah blah I just really want to run more.  I love running, I love how I feel during and after a run.  It's just getting out and doing it thats the hard part.  I have a big race coming up in April and I want to do well so I am hoping to get running at least 3 days a week!

3. Get Organized- This house of mine is a wreck and I want to get back to the organized state it once was.  I plan to do one room or section of the house at a time and really purge and organize!  I am so tired of not being able to find stuff when I need it!!!

4. Live More Simply- I just have been feeling so overwhelmed lately with just life in general! I don't even know really how to put this one into writing other than I just feel like there is just too much going on maybe it's the clutter maybe its trying to read 4 books at once that I just have a general feeling of anxiety and that I am never fully caught up there is always something to do or buy.  I think only time will allow this one to really pan out and become clear to me.

5. Live Each Day as if it Were My Last- I just see too much crazy stuff at work and on the news and it has been made ever more clear in recent times how fleeting life is and that each day is not a promise.  I would hate for something to happen and to regret that "yesterday I wish I had..." I feel like this one makes me seem really morbid but I just don't know, I guess working where I work and seeing what I see so often it has kind of put things into perspective a little bit!!

6. Read More Books- I love reading and the fact that it takes me 5 months to read one book is so not cool with me!! I want to not read 4 books at once but one at a time and really read them.  I have SOOOO many books on my iBooks and Kindle I want to read so hopefully this will be an easy one!

7. Get my CCRN Certification- This is for work and something I have been wanting to do for a while but really have just become qualified to do.  Being that I switched units/specialties I had to wait till I had been in my current area for about a year before I became eligible to take this test.  If your curious as to what it is just click on the link.

What kinds of things do YOU want to accomplish in 2013??

4 comments:

Annie said...

I'm loving the Fresh Start plan so far! I definitely want to focus on intense study and time with the Lord this year. I didn't do very much of that in 2012!

Jamie said...

Great goals. Wishing you health and happiness in 2013.

Sarah said...

I am also doing the Fresh Start Plan! :) And I totally understand the live more simply, and read more books. Those are my hopes for 2013 as well!

3 Peanuts said...

Katie, Thank you for your sweet comment. Your son is adorable and it sounds like you do amazing work. I am curious as to where you work as we have spent a lot of time at TCH with Harry!


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved