Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Quality Time

This weekend, which for me was Sunday and Monday, was so good.  I don't know if its because for the next three weeks I won't have more than one day off at a time (I'm a nurse and don't work your average schedule) I and just really embraced these two days or what, but it was just a great easy weekend.

Although it was a bummer that hubby had to work me and L had some great time together.

I worked Saturday night (I work night shift 630pm-7am) and on Sunday I had to teach Sunday school.  Thankfully L had to wake up extra early so we could do "the switch off" at hubby's work so when I got home L was tired and fell asleep with me until it was time to get ready for church.  I taught Sunday school and then we came home and both took naps.  We were both exhausted! L slept for 2 hours then I brought him in bed with me and we slept another 1.5 hours! I couldn't believe it and it was just one of those "Thank you Jesus" moments where God knows our needs and provides.  I was so tired and he aloud me to rest.

L had on the cutest outfit on Sunday.  He will get a lot of wear out of it this fall because I think he just looks so precious!! The ladies at church loved it! Its from GooseBerry Pie Kids She had fantastic customer service and I can't wait to see what she comes up with for winter!




The weather has been so nice so after we woke up we went for a walk and then came home to dinner which I had made in the crock pot.  I made Easy Deconstructed Enchiladas it was AMAZING and so easy!!

On Monday we once again had a laid back day I went for a run in the morning since it was so nice out and then we headed to the park.  L loves the park and its so fun now that he can climb on the play equipment,  I have to go up with him because there are so many spots he can fall off and he hasn't gotten real good at climbing down but I think it really is his favorite place!! We came home and he rested while did some things around the house then it was so nice that we went back on a walk and to the park! 


The weather is so pleasant and during our walk I just had such a feeling of contentment.  It was just so perfect the breeze was perfect, our neighborhood is beautiful and L is the perfect buddy to walk with.  I just felt so blessed and happy at that moment.
He loves to just walk down the sidewalk!


During L's nap, I tried out the sock bun via Meredith's tutorial I love it on her, but I'm not sure how I feel about it on me! I want to like it but maybe I need practice.  I feel like because of how my highlights are it looks wonky...what do you think?



I also finished off these lounge pants for L.  I love them!! I want to order more fabric and make some for myself because they are so soft and look so comfortable! Disregard the mismatched shirt haha I was eager to try them out once L woke up!


1 comment:

Liz said...

the sock bun looks fab on you!!


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved