Friday, August 10, 2012

Disconnected

This past weekend me and L ventured into the great wilderness to visit my dads side of the family.  My grandma and grandpa are getting older and I really wanted Landon to meet them, not to mention I had not been up there in 12 years!!!

The flights went relatively well, traveling with a 14 month old by myself is a blog post in itself, I tried to be as prepared as possible but many a lesson was learned for the future!!




We were in Rixford, PA essentially where the red dot is above, its a small town and the entrance sign calls it a village "Welcome to the village of Rixford" I believe it said the population is around 200!! We had no internet and no cellphone service.  Every now and again if we got into a larger town I would get a few bars of service but for the most part, nothing!!


It really is such a sweet little town and its absolutely gorgeous with all the trees and the weather was perfect (they don't have central air and we just left the windows open at all times and that was sufficient even chilly at night!).  We basically spent our days sitting on the back porch, L would play and I would read or watch him play.  He was in heaven! He loves to be outside and the center of attention and both of those were happening in a big way on this trip!

It was so sweet to see L interact with his great grandparents who were so smitten with him and thought he was the funniest thing, it was so sweet to see them smiling and playing with him.  It was also so good to see L get to spend time with my dad, my dad has really up until now only seen L about 3 times in his life which does make me very sad but it was good to see them spend time together.

There are hardly any pictures because I was tired of trouble shooting,I forgot my camera so I only had my phone so the quality is crappy, but alas here we go.

Not having access to phone and internet was a nice break that I really needed, its so easy to get caught up in social media and I feel like a lot of my time was being sucked by it lately so I think God put this trip at the right point in my life.  It was a nice opportunity to be in the moment and just simply enjoy it.  It is such a simple life there and it really made me realize that thats what I need right now.  I see a lot of decluttering and simplifying in my near future!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip. I hear you about decluttering life. New follower!

Cajun Cowgirl said...

He's too cute! I need those "hey unplug for a bit" reminders and moments too! Can't wait to hear about your flight!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a fun trip. :) I think we all need a break from technology now and again. I know what you mean about traveling with a 14 month old... I've traveled with my daughter quite a few times, usually alone! Definitely an adventure, to say the least lol.


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved