Saturday, December 3, 2011

6 months

My sweet boy turned 6 months on Thanksgiving...It was such a fun day, we had family over and he got to eat solid food for the first time too!!

At his 6 months apt all was well, still staying right along the 75%ile at 19lbs and 27inches my big boy obviously never misses a meal!

He has started to sit on his own very well he can lean foreword and sit back up, move his arms and grab for toys without falling over, he doesn't move though I suppose he is content where we put him and knows if he squawks well pick him up but Im fine with that he can stay put as long as he likes Im not ready for a mobile baby yet!

As previously mentioned we started solids when he turned 6 months we started with sweet potatoes...he loves them next we tried pumpkin which he loves even more.  I have been making his food and I love it its so easy and I feel like he is getting the best start to his eating habits.
first taste...not so sure

ok mom, your just not going fast enough
We still are breastfeeding and that has been going pretty well also, he is finally going 3-4 hours between meals during the day...sometimes less but for the majority of the time its about 3 hours.

Sleep was going ok and then we went to San Antonio two weekends in a row and all went downhill after that.  So... starting yesterday I went against all I have believed up to now and did cry it out...I watched the Moms on Call 3-12months seminar and also consulted with my pediatrician and this is just what it has come to.  It was to the point that he would fall asleep in our arms and as SOON as we put him down he would scream and throw a fit.  He would then wake up 30 minutes to an hour after he went down go through the drama again and proceed to wake every 3-4 hours all night.  That just doesn't work for us so this is the last resort.  The moms on call thing claims it takes 3 days so well see.  The hardest part is when he wakes up in the middle of the night to just let him cry, it breaks my heart but the man has got to get some rest as do the rest of us! I will keep ya posted on how this goes down in the end...and after that we work on nap time.  



He loves to be outside if it was up to him he would be outside 24/7, he loveshis squishy football and anything that lights up.  He rolled from his back to tummy once at night when he was throwing a fit but never on any other occasion.

oh and  HE HAS 2 TEETH! They are the cutest little things ever!! However they are crazy sharp and the child has GOT to learn not bite or his breastfeeding days will be over!

he is such a joy, mr personality...He has a serious case of FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) and always wants to be the center of attention.  He is always smiling sometimes he starts laughing even when he is crying.  When we got his 6 month shots he cried not until she put in the third one and then as soon as i picked him up he started smiling again.  I just love him so much and can not believe that he has been with us six months and that in less than six months we will be celebrating his 1st birthday!!! I better get to planning!



4 comments:

Cajun Cowgirl said...

He's adorable! And I love that turkey outfit.

Good luck with the cry it out. We had to do the same about the same age. Then we did it again for a day or so this month as he wanted to change his routine. Be strong Momma! it is the hardest thing!

Christina said...

What a cutie!

The Crazy Castros said...

hey girl I'm having a Scentsy and Stella & Dot party this Friday Dec 9th at my friends Dawn house in Sienna message me for details
Maria
chloec@peoplepc.com

Paige said...

He is so very precious! That longall is so cute (where is it from if you do not mind me asking?!) Good luck with letting him cry it out. I know that is such a hard thing to do and we will probably end up having to do the same thing with Bryar. It seems like he can sleep just fine next to me (yes I made the mistake in starting that since I was exhausted) but once i put him in his bassinet or realizes I am gone he wakes right up and starts crying. How are you making his food? Do you have a website or anything that you go by?


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved