Thursday, October 6, 2011

Operation Get Organized::Phase 2

So If you remember here where I made my mail organizer I also had mentioned I was going to do a Home Organization Binder.  Well, I did, a long time ago.  I just forgot to post about it. So here we go

I started by looking around Pinterest to get some ideas and there were many which really helped inspire me and jump start my motivation.

I gathered my supplies:

Binder:
I got mine from Office Depot


Label Maker:
This thing is so much fun! Brother P-touch
Markers:
what better excuse to buy office supplies!
8 Dividers
Pages for each section

My Sections are:

Finance, Cleaning, Meals, Landon, Home Maint, Imp Info, Decor/Projects, Birth/Anni

Before any of the sections I have the Daily and weekly sheets, These are just like an overview sheet where I can gather my thoughts for the day or week and look at a glance to see whats going on or what I need to do

Finance- I bought these printables from an Etsy seller CleanMamaPrintables I know there are lots of free options on the internet but I looked through so many of them and these were what I wanted.  I liked that she had a check off sheet for each month once a bill has been payed.  I had a handwritten copy that I used and this one looked much cleaner.  Here is a glance of the three sheets that came with the package.  There is a check off sheet, a tracker for spending and a monthly budget sheet that is actually laid out kind of odd so I don't use it
 Cleaning- I also purchased these cleaning sheets.  They have weekly, monthly and seasonal/deep clean check off lists.  I should use these more but I find many days I would rather be with my lil guy than cleaning so thats what I do.  I usually only clean if he decides to take a long nap and then its usually only the major stuff like kitchen and floors...one day maybe I can get a maid and not have to worry about it.

Meals- This section has my meal planning and recipe ideas.  I use a free printable sheet for the meal planning and groceries and then if I see a recipe I want to  make soon I stick it in here for easy access.

This is the printable I use:
http://www.theprojectgirl.com/2009/01/19/menu-planning-form-free-download/

Landon- This section has a sheet I typed for when people come to watch Landon with important info on his schedule, likes, dislikes etc to make the time smoother.  Also a blank sheet to track things he does, things I want to buy for him, or whatever

For the next few sections, I printed of sheets from this website Life...Your Way Printables 

Home Maint- This section has a sheet to keep track of appliances, their warranty and any service that was done

Imp Info- This section has a sheet with important numbers which is good to have on hand so you don't need to do any googling in the case of an emergency as well as if we have a babysitter or something so they can have numbers easily accessible.  This section also has a sheet of passwords, I know your not supposed to write passwords down but seriously there is just so many I need to write some of them down

Decor/Projects- basically a blank sheet to write down and organize any current or soon to be projects.  I need to have stuff in print in front of my face so just referring to the internet wont work for me

Birth/Anni.- This has  sheet I printed to keep track of family birthdays and anniversaries so I can try and send cards and gifts in a timely manner

So far having this binder has been a great reference.  Its nice to have this information easily on hand and I recommend any family to make one of these and get organized.  I can also add or remove sections as our life and needs change.  I may add a vacation planning section and then as we have more kids and they start school we will need some different sections as well.

No comments:


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved