Sunday, June 19, 2011

lifesavers

So we are only about 3 and a half weeks into this but already there are some things I have that have been lifesavers! Be it baby items or mommy items there are some definite front runners, I know this will change eventually but I thought I would share with you a few of things that have helped us through these first 3.5 weeks


First and foremost are my Swaddle Wraps, These things are awesome because they are so huge and you can get baby wrapped up so tight and they cant wiggle free as easily, these are also good for swaddling bigger babies, I have 8 of these and honestly these are the only blankets we use plus they are so light and perfect for the hot summer months


My Moby Wrap, this took me a several attempts to get right but you can find tons of videos on you tube to show you all the different ways to wrap it.  This has allowed me to actually get some stuff done around the house since the lil guy pretty much refuses to be put down for more than 2 minutes. I am fine with that now that I can use this thing because I love having him close to me and I know he loves to be close to me so it makes the world a perfect place again.  This is also going to come in handy when I go grocery shopping on my own since I hate to put the car seat on top of the cart it scares me that it may tip over and if you put it in the basket then where do you put your groceries...problem solved :)


California Baby Diaper Cream before we started using cloth diapers exclusively lil man already developed a rash due to that and I also believe because I am on antibiotics. Well you cant use most diaper creams with cloth diapers as it will make them smell and make them non absorbent.  So I did some googling and found this stuff is cloth diaper safe.  I picked some up at Target and it works like a dream his rash cleared up and it doesn't smell funky or have a gross stickiness to it like most other diaper creams
Cloud B Gentle Giraffe This thing is awesome.  We have the sheep too but this one is small so it can hang on the side of the bassinet.  There have been times when L will be almost asleep but just not quite there yet and we turn this on the white noise sound and he literally has fallen right to sleep on many occasions.  I can also turn it on some of the other sounds while I go to the bathroom and it occupies his mind long enough for me to pee in peace

Medela Freestyle my pump...I love this thing, pumping is a pain in the rear but this thing is so small and portable i can do other things while I pump. I also like that it has a timer on the display so I know how long I am pumping for

Lansinoh Hydrogel Pads If you are breastfeeding you need these for the early days, my nipples were so sore and these things felt amazing, I would put them in the fridge so they were nice and cool, also I would cut them in half because they are pretty big and you can make them last a little longer

nursing tank these are pretty much all I have been wearing they are perfect for if you are breastfeeding and they are so comfortable which is always a plus!!

Uppababy Vista My stroller has been one of my best investments so far.  I seriously use this thing almost on a daily basis.  Anytime I go anywhere with L I take my stroller.  I have the adapter for our carseat and those car seats are so heavy so I never lug it around if I have to go somewhere I just pop it on my stroller and go.  I also use the bassinet piece for around the house if L is asleep and lets me put him down I will put him in the bassinet piece so I can then wheel him around the house depending in where I am going or what I am doing.  I took him on a walk with the bassinet once but he kind of rolls around in there too much so I didn't use it much for that.  If it wasn't hotter than crap here and I could swaddle him and then put him in it might work better but for now the bassinet is for around the house.  I also take him for walks on most days so this thing has already earned its worth.  I will also say its not heavy at all, I have had no problems lifting it into the back of our jeep or the trunk of my car, it is so easy to fold and unfold when out and about, and when folded really doesn't take up too much space, also the ride is so smooth and turns so easily I can maneuver with one hand should I need to, this makes it perfect for shopping and small spaces, I love it to say the least!!

So there you go a few things that we have found that we love and have made the early days a little easier !!

1 comment:

April Lynn | Our Little Loves said...

JUST ordered the Cloud B Sleep Sheep last night!! White noise is a.m.a.z.i.n.g! I'm so excited for it to come in.

I was tired of the baby always having my cell phone. (on Youtube) lol.
We got the on the go sized one.


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved