Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ten on Tuesday


1. Where did you go to college?
I started at the University of Texas in San Antonio, then after that I went to the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio for Nursing school


2. What did you study?
Nursing, I have my Bachelors of Science in Nursing degree

3. Was college really all that it was cracked up to be?
Oh yes, and more!! I loved college, I joined my sorority, Phi Mu, where I met many of my best friends I have today, it was an amazing experience.  I grew up military so when I moved to San Antonio, I knew no one and joining a sorority was something I always wanted to do but I knew it would help me meet people and get involved, and also, I wouldn't have met my husband if it weren't for Phi Mu

4. How far were you from home?
Growing up military, I consider myself a nomad so I consider home where my bed is so I guess no I wasn't far from home I was home. 

5. Did you have the same roommate all four years?
Oh goodness no, I moved every year to get the best apartment deal and so every year I had new roommates, so I think I had like 5 roommates total in college

6. Where did you order food from at 2am?
usually Whataburger, Taco Cabana, or ChaChos (amazing heart attack in a bowl) they were the only places open at 2 am in San Antonio

7. Did you date in college or were you tied down?
I met my husband my first semester of college when I was 18 and then we started dating exclusively my second semester of college.  We dated ever since and never played the date/breakup game so yeah I guess I was tied down, but I wouldn't have changed it for the world.  We respected each others space and trusted each other so I would go out with my girls and he would go out with the guys and not get all jealous like...I don't know it worked because were still together and now were married!!

8. Funniest drunk college moment?
LOL I think there are too many to count! Probably the time me and my roommates went streaking through the apartment complex at 2 am and then danced around the apartment all night, for some reason that night was just so fun and carefree, I remember laughing so hard it hurt and just letting loose and it strikes me as one of my best college memories.

9. Did you make it to class on time?
Always, usually early...prior to nursing school I didn't go to every class, some classes were pointless and had nothing to do with nursing such as Texas History...um who cares...not me... so I just wouldn't go, but I was still able to maintain an awesome GPA

10. What was your favorite class in college?
Probably my Critical Care class in nursing school I had the best instructors in that class and it really just intrigued me and was so interesting... and now I work in a critical care setting so I guess that's just my thing, I am an adrenaline junkie like my grandma :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

I refuse to believe that a sweet-lookin' little girl like you streaked! I refuse! =)


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved