Monday, May 31, 2010

So Very Blessed

My family history is very rich with military service, my mom, dad, brother, grandfathers, uncles, aunts,  in-laws, close friends and their families you name it they have served this country, and many of them have gone to war be it Iraq, Afghanistan or others I am unaware of and many of them have gone several times.  On Memorial day we are to remember those who have died in the service and I can not even begin to imagine what that must be like.

Recently the Pioneer Woman has had people submit "coming home" photos of peoples families coming home from war and many of them brought me to tears because they hit so close to home.

 My so sweet brother in law has gone to Iraq or Afghanistan probably more times than I can count on my fingers because that is his job, he goes to war, when he's home they learn more about going to war he enjoys it, BUT he has a wife and two young girls and a son on the way...and he is once again going to be deployed and will probably miss the birth of his son. 

My best friend from high school just had a baby while her husband was deployed and had a newborn and two year old by herself for several months until her husband came home. 

So looking at those pictures brought tears to my eyes because the emotion of families being reunited is so raw and I can just feel the emotion and excitement of daddies seeign their babies for the first time and husbands and wifes being reunited...then there were the pictures of caskets, the men and women who didn't make it home alive....I can say I am so blessed that I have never had to experience that and I thank the Lord every DAY for that.  I don't want to ever experience that, but I do and always will have the utmost respect for those who serve and in honor of memorial day will take a moment of silence myself to send out prayers for those families who have lost friends and loved ones in the service, that they will have the strength they need to continue living and for healing for their broken and torn hearts.

Happy Memorial Day...I'll be at work...someone has to take care of the babies, even on the holidays :)

2 comments:

Sarah Von Bargen said...

Thanks to your family for all that they've done for this country <3

I also just wanted to pop over and thank you for entering my Karma Cards giveaway on Juliana's blog. We've got a few sets left, you're still keen (cough, shameless self-promotion, cough) ;)

A Wedding Story said...

Your wedding pictures are gorgeous girl! I love them!


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved