Sunday, November 22, 2009

seperation anxiety

So I sent out my wedding invitations last Wednesday.

Why does putting 140 envelopes in the mail make me nervous? It is such a simple thing and one would think it was a huge stress off my shoulders but no it wasn't, at least not for me at that time it wasn't...

It was kind of silly that I was so nervous But I slaved over those things all the cutting and gluing and stressing and averting minor crises. I finished them all and then I had them weighed and bought stamps and then I was worrying that maybe they were heavier than that post office worker told me. I have heard you should go to several different post offices to get them weighed but I didn't have time for that so I just bought the stamps the lady told me to buy.

Then I was worried that all the glue would come apart and people would open the envelope to a mash of random papers since I did not have them hand cancelled like you hear you should. But I figure ok, so I spend an hour hand canceling them myself and then the post office lady puts them in a bin and at the next point on their journey they are thrown in with all the other envelopes and go through the machines like all the other envelopes. So I didn't have them hand cancelled and I was worried that now Im a bad bride and allllll the time and energy and stress I put in to them was for nothing and people will receive a crumpled and smashed envelope

Well apparently at least some of them arrived in one peoples hands in one piece. But now I am nervous because I made them and the invitation is the first impression of what this wedding is going to be and OMG IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS BIG OF A DEAL!!!

But alas they are out and now I just have to wait for the responses and non-responses and the time that will come to hunt people down to see if they are coming or not.

None the less a weight is lifted that now every waking moment is not spent working on my precious babies and I am now an Empty Nester...tear. Call me crazy but there was a twinge of separation anxiety... and I did hang on to a few just so I can look at them.

No comments:


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved