Saturday, July 11, 2009

Whip it up week 2

For this weeks theme "Guilty Pleasure" I decided to make some pancakes that have been enticing me for some time and I thought this would be the perfect excuse to make them.

I came across this recipe on Bakerelle I absolutely love that blog and couldnt wait to make these pancakes

Here is the recipe

The night before I made the Maple Butter

You'll need:
1 stick softened butter
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon maple syrup

-Combine all three in a small bowl with a rubber spatula.
-Spoon the mixture on a piece of wax paper.
-Roll and re-shape back into a stick of butter.
-Twist the ends to secure the wax paper and refrigerate.

I thought this part was slightly unneccesary as it took forever to mix and at that mine didnt really incorporate well and then to me it didnt add anything extra to the pancakes except that I love me some butter on my pancakes!

Then for the pancakes you'll need:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup sugar, plus two tsp for blueberries
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1/4 cup milk
3 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 egg lightly beaten
2 cups blueberries
Extra butter for coating griddle
Maple Syrup
(Makes about 16)


-Whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt and soda in a large bowl. Set aside.
-Whisk together buttermilk, milk, butter and egg in medium bowl.
-Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and whisk together just until combined.
-Toss blueberries in a small bowl with 2 tsp sugar.
-Heat a griddle over medium heat. Take extra butter and run over surface of griddle. Repeat as necessary throughout process.
-Pour batter on griddle 1/4 cup at a time.
-Add some of the sugared blueberries to each pancake.
-Cook for about 3-4 minutes
-Flip and cook the other side for about 2 minutes.





This recipe was very easy to make I have never made pancakes from scratch only from a box so I was really unsure that this would turn out especially since I have had a history of screwing up recipes. But alas, it turned out perfect there was nothing about them that I would change and I love a recipe thats easy to follow

I would defanitly make these again, I kind of want to try them with strawberries though.
The recipe made alot so I am planning on freezing them so I can just heat them up later for a quick breakfast

No comments:


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved