Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Dress up time!!

So as previously mentioned I found my wedding dress.

Going into the deal I had always heard that "you will just know" well I had tried on dresses several weeks prior and liked pretty much everything I tried on. I wasnt ready to commit yet and so I waited and the next time I came in town we made another appointment, in that time we also learned that the owner of the bridal salon was a family friend of sorts. My dad drives the school bus at the daycare her children go to. This is why I decided to even look in San Antonio a second time as I was originally planning on buying my dress in Houston.

Well, I had a dress ordered in to try on because I loved it, well in person it was beautiful but just didnt give me that feeling.

I tried on several dresses all where beautiful and then the Lady Teresa who owns Mayfair Bridal pulled out a dress for me and I didnt like it because it had thick off the shoulder straps which Im not into, but she told me they could be taken off and that I should try on the dress anyway, so I did

and Alas we have the dress







Its actually only going to kind of look like this they are actually mixing the neckline of this dress, so it'll have a smoother sweetheart neckline:


onto the body of my dress, but this is what the original neckline looks like on my dress which we will be doing away with asap!


Going into the day as I was trying on dresses and I loved how everything looked I was starting to feel like I would never be able to make a decision but as soon as I put on this dress it was just perfect and I got that feeling that I had to have THIS dress...with some changes of course :) But now I guess I can say I have a custom one of a kind dress

No comments:


I'm Katie a 27 year old mommy and wife. Welcome to my blog where I will chronicle the happenings of my life as I find the balance between being both SAHM by day and CVICU nurse by night.

I love Jesus and strive to be more like Christ every day. Running, reading, and cooking are some of my favorite past-times. I love photography but I am no pro, but it helps I have such a cute subject to practice on!!


.

.
Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Search This Blog

Labels

1 month (2) 1/2 marathon (1) 10 months (1) 10weeks (1) 11 weeks (1) 15 weeks (1) 19 months (2) 19 weeks (1) 2 months (2) 2012 recap (1) 2013 (1) 21 weeks (1) 24 weeks (1) 3 months (2) 30 weeks (1) 33 weeks (1) 34 weeks (1) 4 months (2) 5 months (1) 52:1 (1) 6 months (1) 7 months (1) 8months (1) 9 months (1) anniversary (1) apple pie (1) Austin (1) awards (1) baby (34) baby #2 (11) baby food (2) Baby Shower (1) back to work (1) bad day (1) baking (3) Belize (1) Bible (1) big bro (1) big brother (1) Birchbox (1) birth story (1) Birthday (1) books (1) breastfeeding (3) bundt cake (1) chalk (1) Chicago (1) chocolate cake (2) christmas (3) church (1) cloth diapers (1) coffee (1) college (1) crawling (1) Crock pot (1) decor (1) dental (1) doula (1) dreamfeeding (1) easter (1) excess (1) fall (1) family (3) family photos (1) fathers day (1) Flowers (1) football (2) goals (1) God (2) grandparents (2) haircut (1) half marathon (2) halloween (2) home (1) Home Organization (2) homeade (1) house (1) illness (1) jammies (1) Jen Lancaster (1) job (1) july 4th (1) L (8) Labor Day (1) Landon (1) life (1) Life with L (1) love (4) Mail File (1) main dish (1) march of dimes (1) marriage (1) mastitis (1) medical missions trip (1) mesh wreath (1) mom (1) mothers day (1) My Fair Lazy (1) natural birth (1) Neonatal Nurse (2) None (1) Nosefrida (1) nursery (2) October (1) one year pics (1) organize (1) ornament wreath (1) parenting (1) park (1) peacock (3) personal growth (1) Pinterest (3) play time (1) pony (1) pork (1) preemie (1) pregnancy (6) preschool (1) project 52 (6) Pumpkin (1) punkin festival (1) recipe (1) resolutions (1) rodeo (1) root canal (1) running (4) saturday morning scene (1) scarf swap (2) sheshemade (1) Sick baby (1) Silly Boy (1) so what wednesday (1) solid food (2) Spartan (1) Sunday Social (1) swing (1) ten on tuesday (2) toddler food (1) tongue tie (1) ToT (1) traveling (1) UT (1) UTSA (1) vacation (2) Valentines (1) wedding dress (1) weekend fun (1) wine (1) working mom (1) world prematurity day (1)
Dresses from Shabby Apple

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Bella Gypsy Designs
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved